SoilChild Networking

 

The Honourable Katrine Hildyard Member for Reynella, South Australia

 Published on October 14, 2019 

With MP Katrine Hildyard at her Reynella office, SA, October 2014 (photo courtesy Office of the MP)

1. Introduction

I would like to write about my experience in meeting with the Honourable Member for Reynella, Katrine Hildyard this morning. This leader is extraordinarily unique, different, down to earth, decent, yet elegant, available and accessible in every way. Here are why. I would like to make this piece my first episode for more in waiting as I encounter more networking with the Honourable member of parliament (MP) into the foreseeable near future.

 2. Always available

If you haven’t before, I encourage you to please take a look into her social media page, community groups, social events, gatherings, funerals, rallies and more. You will immediately learn that this MP is everywhere, participating in anything, anytime. You will be left wondering how such a very busy MP can possibly make time to be available everywhere every time, anytime! I am blown away myself! I am actually dumbfounded. There is absolutely nothing and no one insignificant to her. She has time for everything and everyone! Never in my life have I come across someone in such control in the political space. Not only that. A member who is genuinely a decent individual.

3. Always accessible

In Papua New Guinea (where I come from), MPs are not accessible to voters. Their offices are not located in the electorates. Rather their offices are located in Port Moresby, the capital city. That means electoral population only get to see their MP during the next election. That also means the Port Moresby office is guarded with tight security. There may be more than half a dozen security personal you are required to pass through to reach your MP. That is if you are lucky. Oh and you can only access the MP if you are someone special. Special is someone who is known to be popular because they own business or educated or favoured for some reason by the MP. It is sad and sickening to my stomach.

This morning I met with Honourable Katrine Hildyard in her office here in South Australia (SA). The office is located on the Main South Road, about 20 minutes from my home in the South of Adelaide. The MP told me that today is their last day in this office as they are moving down to Christies Beach. Her executive secretary made the appointment for 11:30am. No security checks! Her office at Reynella was open. I was respectfully led to the conference room, offered a glass of water. The honourable MP walked into the room at 11:35am. Lighting up the room with her cool authority, 360-degree smile, looking gloriously beautiful in her bright red dress. She carried so much human decency, elegance and cool authority! She cared so much! She was so genuine and modest! She made me feel elevated with her stamina and presence. She is a goddess! So powerful with the way she creates such space! So calm and relaxed! She began apologising repeatedly for being ‘very late’ to meet with me. I was all the more dumbfounded just having to think, what MP on earth in PNG would be doing what she was doing?

4. The meeting

I had met the Honourable MP at a Business and Professional Women Adelaide (BPW) dinner ball at the SA Parliament House a few weeks ago today. It was then that the funds raised were donated towards SoilChild poultry pilot project in ATS Settlement of Port Moresby next year. The MP had then given me her business card and showed such enthusiasm to support SoilChild. The honourable member asked gently how she can help my project Soilchild. She didn’t waste time. She is a straight shooter. She told me a million ways to take Soilchild to another level. I will cover this in my next episode on this incredible, inspirational and unique member of parliament.

5.     Conclusion

 Here are two photos her secretary took of us. She complimented me repeatedly for what I am doing in the world. She complimented me for how good I look. I am dumbfounded and in tears as I walked out of the room. Watch this space for the next episode. I have posted this on my social media pages with the tagline: #Celebration of #Katrine#Hildyard#incredibly#amazing#.

Note
This article is published on PNG Attitude
https://www.pngattitude.com/2019/10/i-meet-such-a-wonderful-aussie-mp.html

 

Comments